Brian J. Gibbons
Chairman of the Board &
Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Gibbons became Chairman of the Board in October, 2010. Since joining the company in 1999, Mr. Gibbons has overseen the acquisition, finance, leasing, development and management of over 8,000,000 square feet of award-winning mixed-use and revitalization projects with a value in excess of $1.2 billion. Major Greenberg Gibbons projects led by Mr. Gibbons include:
- Ground up development of Village at Waugh Chapel and Waugh Chapel Towne Centre in Anne Arundel County, MD
- The redevelopment of Hunt Valley Mall, now known as Hunt Valley Towne Centre in Baltimore County, MD
- Annapolis Towne Centre at Parole in Annapolis, MD
- Edgewater Village Center in Anne Arundel County, MD
- Woodmore Towne Centre in Prince George’s County, MD
- Towne Centre Laurel in Laurel, MD
- Foundry Row in Owings Mills, MD
Prior to joining Greenberg Gibbons, he was a Partner and member of the management committee of Fedder and Garten, P.A., a Baltimore, Maryland law firm. Mr. Gibbons earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Sciences and a Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Maryland. He is a member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and serves on the boards of Sinai Hospital, Hospice of the Chesapeake, and the University of Maryland at Baltimore.
In 2013, Mr. Gibbons received the Distinguished Citizens Award from the Boy Scouts of America’s Baltimore Chapter for exemplifying strong community leadership and personal integrity. Most recently, he was named to the State of Maryland’s Private Sector Economic Development Commission, a group formed to recommend strategies to help map the future growth of Maryland’s economy.