1.2-Million-Square-Foot Retail Development is the Nation’s Largest Under Construction
Owings Mills, Md. (May 28, 2012) — Eight stores have opened or plan to open this month at Waugh Chapel Towne Centre, the new 1.2 million-square-foot, open-air development in Gambrills, Md.
Waugh Chapel Towne Centre’s newest tenants represent national and regional retailers that offer a variety of goods and services. They are:
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – 50,000 square feet of quality sporting goods at competitive prices.
- PETCO – Products, services and advice for pet owners.
- Sports Clips – Hair care services for men in a sports-themed environment.
- Massage Envy – A pioneer and national leader of affordable massage and spa services.
- Panera Bread – Fresh bakery goods, soups, salads, sandwiches and catering.
- 5 Below – “Trend-right,” value-priced merchandise for teens and pre-teens.
- Sleepy’s – A mattress company with more than 700 locations nationwide.
- Visionworks – A leading provider of eye care services.
The stores join Target, a 137,000-square-foot anchor of Waugh Chapel Towne Centre, which opened in March. A second anchor, Wegmans, will open this fall.
Located in West Anne Arundel County, Waugh Chapel Towne Centre is the nation’s largest retail project currently under construction, according to Shopping Centers Today. When completed, the $275 million mixed-use project will have nearly 650,000 square feet of retail space and 130,000 square feet of Class A office space. The Beacon at Waugh Chapel, a 298-unit apartment complex being built by Bozzuto Group, is expected to open in 2013. The property is located next to the popular Village at Waugh Chapel, which is also managed by Greenberg Gibbons.